NAVAL and AVIATION ART
Wing Commander Ian Hall MBE
Royal Air Force Aircrew 1958 - 1978 (Rtd)
Sultan of Oman's Air Force. 1978 - 1988 ( Rtd.)
Aviation and Maritime Artist 1988 - Still going !
A typical standard ship print.
A typical standard aircraft print. Also available with a Berlin Airlift badge.
Welcome to my web site and catalog, your source for over 2000 prints of military and civil aircraft , US Navy, Coast Guard and merchant ships and some British, German, Japanese and Australian warships. My prints are faithful reproductions of my blended technique of pencil & digital artwork. Over 21,000 customers have purchased my prints since 2001. My originals and special editions are displayed in the Hiller Aviation Museum in San Carlos CA, (for which I was a design consultant), the Royal Air Force Club in London and SAC HQ at Offutt AFB NE, (to name but a few), as well as aboard many US Navy ships and in the homes of sailors and airmen and their families worldwide. In addition to my basic prints of aircraft and ships you will find customizing details which turn the print into a unique gift or a family heirloom. I can also produce composite prints which encapsulate an entire military career into one picture. - a considerable saving in cost and wall space !
US SHIPS A - F
US SHIPS G - M
US SHIPS N - Z
NUMBERED BUT UNNAMED US SHIPS
SHIPS' HISTORY PRINTS & SPECIAL EDITIONS
BRITISH WARSHIPS AND AIRCRAFT
Regular print (Not customized)
Image size 17.5 x 7.5 - 9.5 ins. on 240 gsm glossy photo paper.......$35.00
( Customized and composite prints may be up to 17 x 12 ins.)
The following customizing options are available to turn the basic print into a treasured family heirloom or a unique gift . Shown above are just some of the items which can be added.
1. Name, rank/rating and service dates as shown in this example.....Add $3.00
2. Rating badge or officer's insignia...Add $3.00
3. Include a personal photograph for $7.00
(Please e- mail the photo to me in jpeg format at a minimum 150 pixels/inch. Don't worry about cracks, fading or stains - I will correct as far as possible, and include a print of the restored photo with your order.
4. Include medals and/or ribbons.. All I need from you is a list of awards. Please include details of additional stars or other attachments. Add $1.50 per award.
5. Add specialist badges or insignia (wings, dolphins, diver badge, Command at Sea, SWS etc.) Add $3.00 per item.
6. Have your print signed and numbered by the artist in a Limited Edition of only 100 signed prints. - Add $20.00 Note: This applies only to non -customised prints. Customised prints come signed but obviously not numbered.
7. Add a personal dedication -for example "To Dad with pride and gratitude from his sons David and Michael". Add $3.00 .
8. Include an appropriate Naval or Marine quote from my List of Quotes or send me a favorite quote of your own......Add $3.00 ..The current and well deserved favourite is from a speech by President John F Kennedy at the US Naval College Annapolis:
I can imagine a no more rewarding career, and any man
who may be asked in this century what he did to make his
life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of
pride and satisfaction:
I served in the United States Navy
9. Add more identical full size copies of your customized print to your order for $10.00 ea.
If there is anything else you want to add, just let me know and I will give you a quote.
I can produce composite prints showing several ships or aircraft and their badges, which can save you a lot in framing costs and wall space. Prices vary depending on the content from $50.00 upwards. Send me your requirements for a quote. You can see more examples of composite prints by clicking HERE
I welcome commissions for ships or aircraft however unsung and obscure which are not in my current catalog. Please e- mail me for a quote and production timescale.
HOW TO ORDER
To order your print, please send me an e - mail listing your requirements. I aim to respond to your inquiries on the next business day with a total price including shipping. I accept Paypal payments , and will send you a Paypal invoice if requested. Payment in advance is required for all prints ..Every order for a customized print includes an e - mail preview of the proposed layout and an opportunity to add, subtract or move the components to produce the desired result before I produce the print.. However, be advised that any additions after the first round may result in additional costs. When paying , please specify a residential address , not a business.
I will replace your print or refund your purchase price if the print is flawed or not as described, and I will also replace prints lost or damaged in the mail. I do not require you to return a faulty print , but I may ask you to describe the problem so that I can take action to correct it .
Prints are shipped rolled in a cardboard tube. S/H by UK Air Mail costs $7.00, or by Surepost which is a few days faster and has a tracking number at a cost of $ 12.00. Shipping time to the US is typically 2 - 3 weeks but will be longer as the 2013 holidays approach. Shipping to UK and EU customers is the local equivalent of $7.00.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
To learn more about me , see About The Artist
IAN HALL MBE
MEMBER OF THE
ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE
Presented to Squadron Leader Ian Hall RAF by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
at Buckingham Palace
14 August 1972
Last Updated 4 October 2013